The Natural Way to Draw
This beginner-oriented class incorporates right-brained drawing exercises including contour and gesture. You will ease into the process of drawing in a fun, creative and effortless way. We will draw from figures, nature, still-life and photographs. Mediums include pencil, charcoal and sketching crayons. Please purchase materials before the first class. No previous drawing experience is necessary.
- One 6B pencil
- One 4B pencil
- One kneaded eraser
- One hand held metal pencil sharpener
- One 11"x14"drawing pad
- One 11"x14" newsprint pad
- Vine charcoal sticks - soft
- Masking tape 1/2"
- Conte sketch crayons, four color set
- One 15"x16" sketch board (or slightly larger)
- one small set of oil pastels
- one small set of chalk pastels
- one small set of water colors with a brush
*All sizes are approximate
Jeanne Aaron was born and raised in Chicago. She studied art at The Art Institute of Chicago, received a B.F.A. from the University of Illinois, and a M.F.A. from U.C.L.A. She worked as an animator in Los Angeles. Her drawings and sculptures have been shown in galleries and museums in Chicago and San Francisco.